If you have recently upgraded your iCloud Control Panel version to v2 (Which was released on September 19th) on Windows 7 or Vista, you might have been coming across an error saying “Repair the iCloud Control Panel to use iCloud with Outlook.” on iCloud Control Panel. It gives you the option to repair the iCloud installation from Programs and Features, but it does not seems to be fixing the problem so here is the tip for you.
If you are using Outlook 2007/2010 in order to sync your iCloud content, you might also receive an error message saying “The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened.
Reinstalling the iCloud Control Panel does not seem to fix the problem either. Apple has mentioned that they are investigating the issue (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4445), but here is a workaround you could try.
1. Exit Outlook if you still have it open, and make sure not to open it until the following steps are done
2. Open iCloud and click ‘Sign Out’
3. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features, locate iCloud and uninstall it
4. Download iCloud Control Panel version 1.1 at and install it
5. Sign in to iCloud with your credentials
6. Select the iCloud content that you need to be synced with Outlook and sync them up.
That’s basically it buddy! Hope Apple releases an official patch soon.
Hope it works!